This Tuesday, we invite you to extend the game started by this poster from Tone Deaf. Here, they’ve attributed Lord of the Rings characters to various band instruments. Now, we’d like you to do the same thing with characters from Tron and Uno cards! Is Flynn a Wild or Wild Draw 4? Do you have to say “Tron!” before putting down your last card or “End of line?” We’ll leave you to decide.
We’ve also wrangled some nice offiste links for you.
- A place to buy the above poster.
- Harrison Ford Blade Runner 2 rumblings.
- The re-telling of The Death and Life of Superman you didn’t know you needed.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Is Harrison Ford actually thinking about doing a Blade Runner sequel? Is there really a Blade Runner sequel? Are you a replicant?
- SFWA board member and author John Scalzi wants you your choices for Nebula and Hugo nominees.
- Michael Chabon talks to The New Yorker about his latest comic-book inspired short-story and the co-writing of the screenplay for John Carter.
- These are how you make the Cthulhu-looking hot-dog things. Yum!
- Extended trailer for John Carter featured at the Super Bowl.
- Want a new Star Trek TV show? Well, choose your Bryan: Bryan Fuller or Bryan Singer.
- This re-telling of the Death and Life of Superman storyline from the 1990s by Max Landis is totally wonderful.
- Bookstore cats! From all over the world.
- Lev AC Rosen is interviewed over on Clarkesworld Magazine by Jeremy C. L. Jones.
- An original hand-written mansuscript from Lewis Caroll for “Alice’s Adventures Underground.”
- Video gamers vow not to kill.
- You can buy that Lord of the Rings characters as band instruments poster here.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. If Stubby the Rocket were a band instrument thing it would be the director’s baton, because Stubby has you all in check.