Welcome to Monday! Though winter has decided to stay longer because a certain groundhog was manipulated by Moriarty into revealing a cerain shadow, it doesn’t mean everything is terrible. Proof? The Avengers are assembling this second! Check out this sample exchange between a fan and Samuel L. Jackson during the recent Avengers Twitter Chat:
Fan: How much of your portrayal is based on comics Nick Fury and how much of Nick Fury is based on you?
Samuel L: There’s a lot of Nick Fury in me already
And as you peruse today’s assortment of offsite links, we invite each of you to search for your own personal Nick Fury, Thor, Tony Stark, Captain America, Black Widow, Bruce Banner, Hawkeye, or Nanny McPhee, buried deep, deep inside your heart.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- What Geordi La Forge really sees, according to College Humor.
- The HuffPo aggregation turbines are deadly!
- Do you need a an elegant weapon for a more civilized age while playing Skyrim?
- Think you know Godzilla? You don’t know Godzilla. Here are 9 commonly held misconceptions about the big guy.
- Viola Davis of The Help has just been cast in Ender’s Game.
- How many times has sci-fi been featured on Late Night with David Letterman? Check out this great list.
- Eve Myles teases a possible Gwen Cooper death if Torchwood were to return. If.
- Highlights from the #Avengers Twitter chat.
- Can you name 50 David Lynch characters that mess with your mind? Time Out New York can.
- Everybody loves Game of Thrones now. Even John Hodgman.
- Orci’s starting to tweet old pictures from the set of the 2009 Star Trek with possible new ones to come.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby knows Nanny McPhee is not in the Avengers, and is not pleased about that fact.