Your Thursday Morning Roundup is really curious about the process behind making the above “kids featurette” for a movie where someone gets stabbed through the chest and a Gungan genocide is attempted. Someone woke up one morning and thought this was a great idea. Then they spent money doing it.
While we’re jumping through mental hoops, you should look at some offsite links detailing:
- How to kill Superman with pad thai.
- A renegade boat that is illegally sailing to Antarctica has somehow accidentally kidnapped someone, too.
- A card-based nerd marriage proposal.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Lucasfilm leaves reality behind and reframes Star Wars Episode 1 as a kid-friendly movie: corpse-burning and all. You really need to hear it to get experience the full insanity. (Above.)
- Enjoy Star Trek writer Morgan Gendel’s recipe for Kryptonite noodles. That’s the last time you’ll spring for Thai food, Superman!!!!
- Watch these extremely creepy synchronized nanocopters and try not to think dystopia.
- The CW has ordered new pilots and one of them is verrrrry Hunger Games-ish.
- Princess Bride-themed wine! Have fun killing the bottle, kids!
- Step one: Sail a small boat to Antarctica illegally for no apparent reason. Step two: Accidentally kidnap someone who was near your boat while you rush off in your boat, incorrectly thinking you’re about to be arrested. Step three: Profit???
- Check out this Pokemon card marriage proposal. I choose you, Pika-husband!
- Watch this year’s Superbowl Star Wars commercial now.
- Noel “Mickey/Ricky” Clarke talks about being cast in the new Star Trek film.
- Tom “Shinzon” Hardy talks Bane at the premier of This Means War. (Spoilers, it only means war a little bit.)
- There’s a Robocop reboot coming? Of course there is.
- Two new stills of Bond from Skyfall.
Stubby the Rocket is going to eat Kryptonite noodles and drink Princess Bride wine and then it is probably going to do something the cosmos will regret.