Wednesday is like a flying crocodile. Or maybe a flying elephant. Which one would you rather see fly? It’s a tough choice. A flying elephant would be cute, while a flying crocodile wouldn’t be cute. Both would be pretty badass, so both are preferable to a flying Jake Lloyd. Didn’t know that was in the mix didya? Well, not everything was meant to fly, but most things.
While you’re pondering that preposterousness, dive into our carefully curated selection of off-site links. We round them up for you. Specifically you. (But not you.)
1.) What up, Holmes? Possible Sherlock smack-down.
2.) Gojira is back and on Blu-Ray.
3.) If you bury this engagement ring in the sand, it will become priceless in 1,000 years.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Holmes smack-down! Sherlock person Sue Vertue makes clear American version of contemporary Holmes show better watch itself. We agree. Remember when we made this thing in order to illustrate how silly this seems?
- Just how good are the Blu-Rays of TNG going to look? If these moving gifs are any indication, very good.
Speaking of Blu-Ray, Gojira (Godzilla!) has arrived. (We re-watched it back in October for our Monster Mash)
- The Legoship of the Ring. (The real ones?)
- You can advise the EMP museum in Seattle as to what parts of famous SF novels they should excerpt.
- The Girl’s Guide to Dating Zombies has a book trailer. Watch it here.
- This story of the Indiana Jones engagement ring will create a state in which you won’t be able to think straight for at least 20 minuntes.
- Neil Gaiman wishes you happy Year of the Dragon.
- Ever wondered what happened before the Big Bang? You’re not alone.
- Over on Warren Ellis’s blog, the story of how Chip Zdarsky almost did Watchmen 2.
- The winner of this year’s Crawford Award. (You’ve probably heard of her!)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. If you ever propose to Stubby, be sure to have the stone be made of pure dilithium.