We’ve tallied your responses to the Tor.com 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards as of 5:00 PM EST, Monday, January 16 and man, things got downright glacial during Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
The top ten voted on Novels still consists of the same titles, although in a somewhat different order.
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (94 votes)
- The All-Pro by Scott Sigler (93 votes)
- The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson (57 votes)
- The Seventh Throne by Stephen Zimmer (55 votes)
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (43 votes)
- Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi (39 votes)
- Embassytown by China Mieville (37 votes)
- A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin (36 votes)
- Among Others by Jo Walton (36 votes)
- Dancing With Eternity by J.P. Lowry (28 votes)
The race for #1 is tight! Both the #1 and #2 books have distanced themselves from the rest of the pack. (Like, er, anti-social wolves?) If this continues into Tuesday and the second half of voting then the other titles will have a hard time catching them.
Interestingly enough, the top ten is evenly split between titles with author campaigns behind them and books garnering votes on their own steam. The even-numbered titles have author campaigns pushing them, the odd-numbered titles are rising of their own accord.
The Short Fiction vote breaks down as follows:
- “The Shadow War of the Night Dragons, Book One: The Dead City“ by John Scalzi (appearing on Tor.com) – 101 votes
- “All Mimsy” by Kelly Wright – 27 votes
- “An Island Sojourn” by Stephen Zimmer (appearing in Dreams of Steam) – 20 votes
- “Awakening of Evarun, Part 1″ by Tom Barczak – 14 votes
- “Absinthe Fish” by M. David Blake (appearing in Bull Spec) – 8 votes
- “Infinity Blade: Awakening” by Brandon Sanderson – 5 votes
- “Blood is Red” by Scott Sigler – 4 votes
- “Perfect Shadow” by Brent Weeks – 4 votes
- “The Dala Horse“ by Michael Swanwick (appearing on Tor.com) – 4 votes
The Book Cover votes break down as follows:
- The Seventh Throne by Stephen Zimmer, cover by Matthew Perry (48 votes)
- The All-Pro by Scott Sigler, cover designed by Donna Mugavero (18 votes)
- Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente, cover by Beth White, design by Peter Lutjen (17 votes) – See how the cover to Deathless was created.
- Dragon Fate by J.D. Hallowell, cover credits not listed (17 votes)
- The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson, cover by Chris McGrath (15 votes)
- Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey, cover by Daniel Dociu (10 votes)
- God’s Eye by A.J. Scudiere, cover by Ruke, design by Greenleaf Book Group LLC and Alex Head (8 votes)
- Rule 34 by Charles Stross, cover information unavailable (7 votes)
- Towers of Midnight ebook edition by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, cover by Raymond Swanland (7 votes)
- Rift Walker by Clay & Susan Griffith, cover by Chris McGrath, design by Grace M. Conti-Zilsberger (5 votes)
The Comic votes shake out as follows:
- Across Thin Ice – 15 votes
- Girl Genius – 11 votes
- XKCD – 9 votes
- The Order of the Stick – 8 votes
- Schlock Mercenary – 7 votes
- The Unwritten – 4 votes
- Animal Man (The New 52) - 4 votes
- TURF – 3 votes
- Locke & Key: Clockworks – 3 votes
Very little change here.
And that’s Monday’s results. We’ll be a couple days behind in vote tallying due to the holiday weekend, but things are looking good in regards to catching up before the end of voting.
Results are also starting to come in regards to double-counted votes, IP sockpuppeting, etc. for the top titles in all lists, so you’ll start to see some number adjustments in that regard as the days go on.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of the Tor.com staff. It would count all of the stars if you would but let it.