If you could program your computer to speak in any voice, which would you choose? Stubby the Rocket really likes Sean Connery, so Stubby would probably choose him. But maybe it would edgy to have a really gratting computer voice, like Gilbert Gottfried. Who are we kidding. It’s all about Majel Barrett. Ready for your offsite links programs? Here they are!
1.) Come to terms with the fact that all the sword stuff on Game of Thrones is actually planned out ahead of time by stunt people and actors.
2.) Good nerd docs we want to see.
3.) Discover how mad Natalie Portman is about the state of Thor 2.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- These 10 nerd-flavored documentaries all look quite good. (via Topless Robot)
- Gail Caringer has some tea and chats with Adam Christopher. (via Gail Caringer’s blog)
- It turns out all the fighs on Game of Thrones are staged by actors and stuntmen. Check out how they do it in this new behind-the-scenes video from Season 2. (via Youtube)
- Golden Globes nominates Game of Thrones (via Blastr)
- New puzzle piece of The Hunger Games is just one fragement of a new Hunger Games poster, which will be revealed slowly. There will be 100 in all. (via Hunger Games Movie)
- Do you have an account on Pottermore? Do you like it? There’s a user survey! (via Pottermore)
- Glee did a Star Wars thing. Do you like Glee? Maybe not. Either way, here it is. (via Gawker)
- Will the next Paolo Bacigalupi book live up to the hype? So far, everyone’s excited! (via Westworld)
- Natalie Portman loses it over the firing of Thor 2’s Patty Jenkins (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Totally deranged fake learn-Chinese video features a weird David Tennant look-a-like. (via The Mary Sue)
- These cats will explain what is wrong with your Internets. (via Boing Boing)
- Lev Grossman picks 5 of his favorite SFF books from 2011. (via NPR)
- This is real. Google is creating a computer voice assistant with the code-name “Majel.” Will it sound like her? No word yet. (via Trek Movie)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is a cat lover and loves to run (through space.) Stubby knows Stubby can’t hug every cat. Mostly because of the no-arms thing.