In an alternate universe Stubby the Rocket is called Longy the Submarine, which as you might infer, is a very long submarine. However, in that alternate universe the ocean is made of bubble gum. Don’t ask how Longy the Sub gets around. Alternate universes are sticky business. Ready for your offsite links? Boom.
1.) Discover the “Spielberg face.”
2.) The 9 things modern nerds fear most.
3.) Pretty starship x-mas lights.
4.) What will happen in The Hobbit movie? Is there any way to know beyond getting the official synopsis?
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- What is the “Spielberg face” you say? This. (via UGO)
- The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey releases its first official blurb.(via Bleeding Cool)
- George Lucas has everything figured out for Indy 5 except for everything. (via Vulture)
- Again, Batgirl is in a wheelchair. (via Bleeding Cool)
- General Zod is in a bathrobe. (via Den of Geek)
- 9 things nerds truly fear. (via Dorkly)
- Did the decline of the elephant make way for humans. (via Plos One)
- Travel posters to other worlds.
- X-Mas light Starship Enterprise is pretty.
- A deranged mash-up of all the Beatles songs at once. (via soundcloud)
- All of The Clone Wars season 4 is up and free. (via Star Wars.com)
- Forthcoming indie SF romance flick Upside Down has a gravity defying aesthetic. (via First Showing)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. When Stubby flies upside down only one wine glass breaks.