Like a submarine racing a huddle of penguins inside of a hollowed-out iceberg, you’ve made it the finish line of your week. Good job! Now it’s time to use your flippers/propellers for other uses. Like getting in line to see Marina Sirtis as the Evil Queen. Check out that and other great off-site links now. (Video above is a commercial of a play version of the classic story Snow White. The video is a present for you.)
Other Highlights include:
1.) Have a character named after you in A Memory of Light!
2.) Star Trek casting and Doctor Who movie tidbits.
3.) College Humor’s Troopers returns.
4.) Zombie attack Barbie.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Looking for a steampunk version of Doom? It’s kind of here. (via Andriod Community)
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Zombie Attack Barbie via Laughing Squid.
- Tor.com Fantasy: New Zealand Herald talks about some of The Hobbit’s actors including the Cumberbatch.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Nice article about China Mievelle’s Perdido Street Station over on The Contextual Life.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: You can still have a character named after you in A Memory of Light.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Actress/Model Alice Eve to play new character in next Trek film. (via Variety)
- More questions for David Yates about that Doctor Who movie. (via MTV’s Splashpage)
- HuffPo’s Andrew Losowsky is running a grudgematch between literary detectives!
- College Humor’s Troopers webseries returns with “Escape Pod Confessions!”
- Our very own Irene Gallo talks to podcast Your Dreams My Nightmare.
- A Snow White Christmas is a play happening in Hollywood right now. The trailer is above. Amazing, no?
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is so excited for A Snow White Christmas 2: Shinzon is The Fairest Of of Them All.