Friday is like being inside of joy. As if joy was something you could touch and wrap yourself up in like a blanket. I’m pretty sure certain bloggers here would do anything to return to Friday. Which is why we’re altering the course of Friday to have it occur every day of the week. Just like Skee-Lo would have wanted. We hope you enjoy the last regular weekend before everything gets holiday bonkers. Here’s some offsite links to send you into the weekend with grace and dignity.
1.) A Bro-mance from another time.
2.) Killer tribbles?
3.) Various famous authors chat with each other in audio and video streaming action!
- Tor.com Steampunk: Geek Dad likes the book Steampunk!
- Tor.com Fantasy: Orbit Books says Bro-mance never goes out of style!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Stephanie Meyer reviews her own movie! (via MTV)
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: New “Blood and Bloody Ashes!” t-shirt from Ta’veren Tees.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Will the next Star Trek movie really contain killer tribbles?
- Neatorama has some SFF food ideas for Thanksgiving.
- Look! Frodo is being attacked by Gollum in a new Donoto painting.
- Christopher Paolini and George R.R. Martin in conversation via Suvudu.
- Neil Gaiman and Connie Willis in conversation at World Fantasy 2011.
- Prehistoric Whale will mess you up! (Via National Geographic)
- Want to listen to what meteors sound like as they enter our atmosophere?
- Two Doctor Who pictures. One is the first promo shot from the forthcoming Christmas special. The second one is a weird face-mask thing from the DW Facebook page! (pictured above.)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby considers Sting a hero, though doesn’t listen to the music he’s made over the years.