It’s Friday and Stubby the Rocket is soaring over the planet like a single rollarskate in the rollerskating rink of the cosmos. Funky music is playing from a nearby pulsar and Stubby does a barrel roll in perfect time with the rhythm. Stubby thinks about maybe traveling back in time, or inventing a new color, or saving the people of Earth from boredom. Then Stubby realizes it’s the weekend and powers down for a rocket nap. (Wow, what just happened there? A B-52s song?)
Before you power down for your own rocket nap, here’s some exciting offsite links.
- Steampunk’s not in Kansas anymore. (Actually it is.)
- Giant Asteroids movie passing dangerously close to preproduction.
- SF for YA.
- Archaeologists find vampire skeletons in the dirt.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Kansas is hosting the Emerald City Steampunk Expo and the Wichita Eagle has coverage.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Via vampires.com skeletons of “real” vampires unearthed in Ireland.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: David Brin talks about science fiction for young adults.
- Tor.com Fantasy: New game Skyrim will apparently be able to go on forever! Via Wired.
From our spot-on, up-to-the minute Links of Interest sidebar:
- Be the center of the solar system with this new t-shirt.
- 3 new SyFy Channel shows to feature a cop, a spaceship, and spy versus spy action. Excited yet? (It’s okay. You can say no.)
- Because Batman is the biggest deal in the world right now: more details emerge about The Dark Knight Rises theatrical “prologue.”
- Asteroids movie is on a collision course with audiences.
- Via Geeks are Sexy a crazy sword dance video.
- Updates on 3 new Game of Thrones video games via Blastr.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby wants to know why you’re trying to shake Stubby’s monkey tree! Where do you think this is coming from, the sky?