Thursday is a day for pondering your existence in an ever-expanding universe. If things are just hurtling apart and dark matter is undefinable, is it worth it to bother with shaving? One thing is for certain, you couldn’t get throw your morning without a bunch of fun off-site links. Check it.
1.) A Princess Bride reunion of sorts
2.) Call of Cthulhu goes Seuss
3.) John Scalzi misses older cell phones
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Set pics from the undead cop-movie R.I.P.D.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Staffer’s Musings takes a look at Kristine Kathryn Rusch’s Diving into the Wreck
- Tor.com Steampunk: Photos from the opening of Steampunk Bizzare Exhibit: “The Unknown”
- Tor.com Fantasy: A Princess Bride reunion thanks to ET
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- A musical version of The Thing
- The Call of Cthulhu in the style of Dr. Seuss
- Wonderful hacks of traffic signs as carried out by funny nerds (One of our favorites above)
Scalzi talks about the things sci-fi movies have ruined for him. (via AMC Film Critic)
- Is this a real cloaking device?
- Aliens from Alien have had some weird cross-overs with other well-known characters over the years…
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would like some one to do a street sign hack with Stubby’s name on it. That’s two Bs and Rocket spelled the traditional way.