Greetings middle of the Vortex Day, also known as Wednesday. It’s always calmest on Vortex Day because you’re in the eye of the vortex. But how can you understand how to deal with the rest of the vortex without first understanding your past? Here’s what we were into yesterday and what you should think about today. Highlights include:
1.) How to make a Cat TARDIS.
2.) An excerpt from Blake Charlton’s Spellbound.
3.) Highlander is set to return.
4.) The effortless coolness of Spielberg.
- Tor.com Steampunk: From SF Signal, “Vintage Tomorrows.”
- Tor.com Fantasy: In case you missed it, Adian Moher’s A Dribble of Ink has the second excerpt (chapters 3 and 4) of Blake Charlton’s Spellbound.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Tons of DragonCon photos!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Buffy the Vampire quote t-shirt is chatty.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Super-star is shooting x-rays in real life!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Spielberg is cooler than Lucas just by saying “no.”
- Look at the cat TARDIS. It’s a TARDIS for your cat.
- Star Wars orgami from Moleskine.
- Highlander re-make has supposedly found a director. For real this time.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby has cats. A lot of cats.