Friday! Have an amazing weekend! But before you do, you’ve got another day to get through, so we’ve got some links. Food for thought:
1.) Daniel Craig is now a wookiee.
2.) Ann Rice may be giving up vampires for furrier men.
3.) Pirates live in Southern California.
4.) Craig Ferguson is clearly trying to become the next Doctor.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Head to Southern Cal in October. There be pirates in those waters.
- Tor.com Fantasy: New covers for Ian Tregillis books, The Coldest War and Bitter Seeds.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: The Vampire Queen, Anne Rice, is writing a book about werewolves?
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: All the authors at Comic Con!
- Tor.com Science Fiction: A review of John Scalzi’s Fuzzy Nation by LEC Book Reviews.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Daniel Craig = Chewbacca now. According to Harrison Ford, that is. I mean, you can’t blame him. That wookiee was bad news.
- Gorgeous Avengers concept post art. Feast your eyes on the super team to beat.
- We’re putting Doctor Who stars on all your late night television, America. Karen Gillan on Craig Ferguson!
- In more Who news, Alastair Reynolds is going to write a Doctor Who novel starring the Third Doctor. Yes!
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would love to have Daniel Craig as a wookiee first mate.