Wednesday has arrived. We’re sure that means something important, but at the moment, we just want to share some fun links with you to start your day out right. Here’s what we’ve been thinking about:
1.) The ways that Westeros reflects our own history.
2.) How sets for film and television never looks quite as cool as you imagined they would when you’re standing in the middle of them.
3.) Why it never occurred to us to show up as Jack Harkness on our birthday and let John Barrowman know about it.
4.) Glowing bubbles! From space!
- Tor.com Steampunk: A picture from the Sherlock sets shows the truth of Baker Street.
- Tor.com Fantasy: The Guardian has some ideas about how Games of Thrones relates to our world and histories
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Want to know the title for the third book of Lisa Desrochers’ Personal Demons series? She’s announced it!
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Brandon Sanderson is one-third of the way through writing Memory of Light!
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Glowing bubbles in space! No, we don’t understand, just go look! It’s pretty!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Apparently, if you dress up as Captain Jack Harkness and it’s your birthday and you head to the Torchwood panel, John Barrowman will kiss you. (Or maybe it’s just part of his plan to kiss someone every time he goes to Comic Con, since it was David Tennant in ’09.)
- This upcoming animated version of The Dark Knight Returns looks like it might end up being awesome.
- This fan’s determination led to a Jim Beam twitter campaign that got him tickets to the Star Trek Convention.
- Take a look at some awesome pictures from the upcoming Judge Dredd film starring Karl Urban.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby didn’t have to dress up as Jack Harkness to get a kiss from John Barrowman.