Tuesday is upon us, and it’s bright and early. You know what that means it’s time to share! So we’ve got some off-site links for you to enjoy. Today we’re thinking about:
1.) Why Pepper Potts couldn’t just be Iron Maiden in the Avengers film.
2.) How someone could make an entire film centered around Boba Fett.
3.) The ways in which Buffy impacted a generation.
4.) Who has better fantasy literature, the US or the UK….
- Tor.com Steampunk: An interesting piece about steampunk and Doctor Who cosplaying.
- Tor.com Fantasy: So who wins in the battle of the pond? Does the US or the UK have better fantasy?
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Why Buffy the Vampire Slayer still matters. A look at the themes of the show.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Brandon Sanderson’s Comic Con schedule.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Possibly the most distant object we have ever found in space.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Looks like Pepper Potts will actually be in The Avengers. Which is great, as long as she spends the movie giving Tony a hard time in front of Thor and the Cap.
- More Bond movie casting news!
- Captain America director Joe Johnson wants to make a Boba Fett movie. Because putting him in the prequels was such a great idea.
- Turns out, James Franco has a couple nice things to say about Rise of the Planet of the Apes. On the other hand, he fell asleep watching Limitless….
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is the next James Bond.