It’s Thursday, but before you gear up for Friday and impending weekend, you really need to check out these links we’ve lassoed for you. Today we’re thinking about:
1.) What kind of wardrobe we would have to adopt to live like an urban fantasy heroine.
2.) How Tilda Swinton manages to look so awesome in anything at all.
3.) Why James Franco seems to be running from apes already.
4.) What to read when we finish A Dance With Dragons.
- Tor.com Steampunk: A picture of Singapore in 1887. Gorgeous.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Finished A Dance With Dragons. Locus has a list of books to tide you over until the next Song of Ice and Fire installment!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: How to live like an urban fantasy heroine.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: DCTV is asking for your WoT-related questions!
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Dan Abnet is writing a Doctor Who novel!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Click right now and to view these absolutely gorgeous Star Wars/classic movie mashup posters.
- Tilda Swinton, being inspired by David Bowie, has done the most beautiful, alien photo shoot you’ll ever see.
- Looks like James Franco is already trying to distance himself from Rise of the Planet of the Apes. That’s probably not a good sign.
- How does Robo-Pine sound to you? Turns out it might sound good to Hollywood. We’re just stuck on the Star Trek/Robocop crossover potential.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is releasing its own concept album inspired by Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. No, we’re serious. We’ve already got the album title ready.