Tuesday time, readers! In today’s offsite links roundup we’re:
1.) So flipping excited about the latest Hobbit casting news that we’ve been doing our best Cumberbatch impressions all morning.
2.) Getting a look at A Dance With Dragonsit’s real!
3.) Figuring out what will take the place of Potter in the Hollywood lineup.
4.) Harkening back over a century to a jubilee fit for the Queen.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: With Harry Potter and Twilight coming to a close, Hollywood is eager for more YA lit to fit their box office bill. Who’s next?
- Tor.com Steampunk: 124 years ago, Queen Victoria had her Golden Jubilee. Ever wanted to know what that bash was like?
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: NPR is asking readers what the best SFF books are. Vote now!
- Tor.com Fantasy: This guest post on SF Signal explains how written RPGs can be a great place to hone your writing skills.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- The Hobbit has just been Cumberbatched. That’s right, everyone’s favorite sleuth will be playing opposite his dear doctor in Peter Jackson’s return to Middle-earth. Guess who he’s playing? (Hint: he could buy a chateau in France.)
- A Dance With Dragons has been physically bound into copies. It truly exists in book form. For real.
- Simon Pegg interview with Slate. Find out what happened when he met George Lucas.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would like Benedict Cumerbatch for its voice if a movie were ever made about Stubby.