The 2010 nominees for the Sidewise Award for Alternate History have just been announced! A big congratulations goes to Tor Books’ Jay Lake for snagging a nomination for his novel Pinion.
The winners will be announced at Renovation,this year’s Worldcon, in Reno, Nevada during the weekend of August 17th. The awards ceremony has tentatively been scheduled for Thursday, August 18 at 9:00 PM. The Sidewise Awards have been presented annually since 1995 to recognize excellence in alternate historical fiction.
- Eleanor Arnason, “Mammoths of the Great Plains”, PM Press
- Barry B. Longyear, “Alter Kameraden”, Asimov’s, 4/10
- Ken MacLeod, “Sidewinders”, The Mammoth Book of Alternate Histories, edited by Ian Watson and Ian Whates, Robinson Publishing/Running Press
- Alan Smale, “A Clash of Eagles”, Panverse Two, edited by Dario Ciriello, Panverse Publishing
- William F. Wu, “Goin’ Down to Anglotown”, The Dragon and the Stars, edited by Derwin Mak and Eric Choi, DAW Books
- Adam Chamberlain & Brian A. Dixon, Columbia & Britannia, Fourth Horseman Press
- Robert Conroy, Red Inferno: 1945, Ballantine Books
- Jay Lake, Pinion, Tor Books
- Eric Swedin, When Angels Wept, Potomac Books
This year’s panel of judges was made up of Stephen Baxter, Evelyn
Leeper, Jim Rittenhouse, Stu Shiffman, Kurt Sidaway, and Steven H