Happy Wednesday! In this morning’s offsite links roundup we’re:
1.) Gaping in open-mouthed terror at the shivering brilliance of Sesame Street’s Spider-Monster: The Musical.
2.) Belatedly celebrating the 30th birthday of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
3.) Wondering when our own cells can be outfitted with bacteria that focuses light into lasers. And wondering who will be the one who ends up halting our laser rampage.
4.) Marveling at the fixed point in time that is Sean Bean. No orc, no stab wound, no fictional death can stop him.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Jon Sprunk talks to SF Signal about Shadow’s Lure
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: A list of all kinds of paranormal titles through 2013!
- Tor.com Steampunk: Thoughts on what steampunk means to another generation.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: A beginner’s guide to Dragon*Con
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Sesame Street debuts Spider-Monster: The Musical
- Biology+Lasers has happened. What’s next?
- Things you might not know about Raiders of the Lost Ark
- And of course, the ever-reliable Daily Mail is reporting on a Sean Bean dust-up. We’re not sure if this is totally real, but it sounds like he got stabbed and it didn’t even phase him. Wow.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would like its new nickname to be “Beefy Bean.”