Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselveslinked belowfor even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re discovering new species of monsters and connecting to the internet through steam.
- Tor.com Fantasy: What SFF authors should be considered for the Nobel Prize for Literature? SF Signal weighs in.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: We’re assuming this is about vampires? Upcoming movie, Stoker, to star Nicole Kidman, Mia Wasikowska and possibly Matthew Goode.
- Tor.com Steampunk: These are gorgeous. For those of you who prefer the working tech, pre-order your steampunk laptop now!
- Tor.com Art Department: Copies of Andrew Loomis’ Figure Drawing for All It’s Worth and Drawing the Head and Hands have been republished and are available now. (Some art NSFW.)
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: This gentleman has his own Wheel of Time art gallery. We’re impressed!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Is it a monster? If it’s not one, we’re not sure what it could be. Anyone care to hypothesis?
- Counting down the biggest lies in science fiction films and television. We’re sure you have a few favorites on here….
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.