Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re debating the intelligence of video games and comparing Buffy to Supernatural.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: The Guardian is making the argument that the video game industry is more interested in intelligent entertainment than the film industry. Do you agree?
- Tor.com Fantasy: This week’s Game of Thrones episode saw the ratings slip a little. We’re all trying to figure out why….
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Why Supernatural season 6 is like Buffy season 6. How about it? Is this the new format for long-running shows?
- Tor.com Steampunk: Whoa. This Jack Sparrow does not mess around. In fact, we might be a little nervous about him. And not because he might drink all of our rum.
- Tor.com Art Department: Mattias Ink has a picture of space invaders. Adorable space invaders.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: WoT LOL cats!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- No Stan Lee cameo in the upcoming X-Men film. We think we might cry.
- Apprently the next Doctor Who episode might be more important than you thought it was going to be. (According to Matt Smith.)
- The Pyr Books imprint is entering the YA fiction market. Congratulations!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is at a loss trying to explain the lack of LOLRocket sites.