Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re changing out our bookshelves for some more artistic specimens and smoking smoke pork in our favorite astromech droid.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Creepy promo pics from the next Doctor Who episode.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Over at Drying Ink, they’re taking a look at all of the best fantasy cities.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: We’re really digging these amazing book shelves. Time to redecorate.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Feminist fashion, inspired by Indonesian women’s rights activists from the 19th century, is going couture.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Wertzone is talking about bringing WoT to the screen, be it small or large. Would it work?
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Time Burton has said no to Maleficient, Disney’s live-action retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story. We wonder if Angelina Jolie is disappointed….
- A meditation on the ray gun, in all of its glorious forms over the years, and how history has morphed it.
- We always knew there had to be another use for that trash can-shaped swiss army knife: the R2-D2 smoker.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby’s got a ray gun.