Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re tracking time travelers in our favorite films and predicting future Torchwood guest spots.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: FACT. Plants on Tatooine would actually be black. It’s science.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Orbit Books is in on the short fiction scene. Check it out!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Here are 8 special effects on film that aren’t CGI. But you probably thought they were.
- Tor.com Steampunk: A time traveler has been caught on film. In a Charlie Chaplin movie, to be precise. (Pictured above.)
- Tor.com Art Department: You would buy these art books if they existed.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: An awesome Flickr album from JordanCon!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Rockne S. O’Bannon (of Farscape and SeaQuest DSV fame) is working on a new show for the Syfy Channel. We’re crossing our fingers for something awesome.
- John De Lancie is going to be on Torchwood. That’s Q. On Torchwood. We’ll wait while you spontaneously combust.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby is not a CGI special effect, in case you were wondering. It’s all steel and bolts (and shiny red space paint).