Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re getting seranded by a unicorn and matching our wardrobes to our favorite Vonnegut book.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: After George R.R. Martin slammed the ending of LOST, Damon Lindelof fought back on Twitter with comments such as: “I don’t take issue with his opinion, I take issue with the fact that he coined ‘Pulling a LOST’ as empirically ‘f–king up the ending,’” “I’ve just been informed George is working on his feud response. I’ll have it in FIVE YEARS!”, and “Two final thoughts, George. A. They weren’t dead the whole time. B. 1997 called. It wants its web design back”…but really, he just loves Game of Thrones.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Elitest Book Review has a fantastic interview with Steven Erikson. Also, the Daily Beast has 10 secrets about the Game of Thrones TV show that you may not know….
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: This unicorn wants to win the heart of Sarah Silverman with the power of song. We think he deserves a fair shot.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Rapping about tea and cricket. You can’t resist… Also, Crabfu SteamWorks makes your steampunk tech a reality (there’s a steam-driven R2D2 in there).
- Tor.com Art Department: Hur Chariot shows us how we can coordinate our wardrobe with these awesome Kurt Vonnegut book covers.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Our very own Leigh Butler shares her experiences with the Wheel of Time community in this video interview!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- New Troopers videos are here, and they’re crazy fun: “Interrogation” and “Swamp Planet.”
- We have Hunger Games casting news! Check out who they have lined up for Gale and Peeta.
- You are going to spend the rest of the day traveling the solar system thanks to this 3D model.
- Here are some fun facts about Jim Henson’s early work and commercials. Hilariously sadistic and every bit at innovative as we remember him being.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. When it was young and fresh out of school it backpacked through the solar system. It was alright.