Welcome to the Morning Roundup! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites for your pre-work perusal. Unfortunately, we can’t provide your morning coffee as well. (We’re working on it. Once we figure out Stubby’s teleportation platform, things will get much easier.) Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items of interest.
This morning we’re ooohing over Penguin’s new embroidered covers (pictured), telling Wheel of Time jokes, and getting hit on by vampires. It’s not quite as smooth as you’d expect.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Bryan Singer looks back on Superman Returns and talks about what went right and what went wrong.
- Tor.com Fantasy: The latest Functional Nerd podcast sits down with author Ari Marmell to discuss RPGs, writing and ebook publishing.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: The Bitten By Books blog is running a little poll on the best vampire pickup lines. Head on over and choose your favorite!
- Tor.com Steampunk: An absolutely gorgeous (working) steampunk telescope.
- Tor.com Art Department: Jillian Tamaki shows the work she has done embroidering beautiful Penguin book covers.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: How many ta’averen does it take to screw in a lightbulb? You’re about to find out.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Its favorite vampire pick-up line is “Guess which type of vampire I am.”