Welcome to the Morning Roundup! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portal themselves (linked below) for even more items of interest.
This morning we’re talking about all the dragons we’ve ever seen on a big screen and some seriously delicious-sounding grilled cheese.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Over on SF Signal, several authors weigh in on this podcast about female science fiction heavyweights.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Jesse Bullington guest blogs over on Whatever about how characters search for their stories.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: your favorite scaled and winges creatures—dragons throughout cinema history.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Queens, NY gets a steampunk-esque gourmet grilled cheese joint that was designed with the environment in mind.
- Tor.com Art Department: Lovecraft’s monsters drawn by kids. Seriously, this might be the coolest thing ever.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Thirteenth Depository blog talks about Tarabon costuming.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com and once arm-wrestled a dragon in this comic it drew when it was seven.