It’s your favorite time of the week! We’ve rounded up a sampling of some of the fun to be had over on our Facebook and Twitter satellites. This week it seems that everything had a song (including the Victorian inventions above) and love was in the air…
- SFX gives an early review of the latest Frost/Pegg film team-up, Paul.
- Comet Tempel 1 passes by the Stardust-NeXT spacecraft, giving humanity our first chance to examine the body of a comet more than once.
- Need some extra/belated Valentine’s Day sweetness? Suvudu republished Timothy Zahn’s Star Wars short story “Judge’s Call.” Mara Jade is waiting (impatiently) to get some quality time with her Jedi Master husband….
- Above, see the first teaser for the Dragon Age: Redemption series, starring the now pointy-eared Fecilia Day.
- An answer to the essay, “The Bankrupt Nihilism of Our Fallen Fantasists.” The Wertzone blog has a few counterpoints on mythic fantasy, insisting that someone has missed the point.
- Visit George R.R. Martin’s Livejournal for details of his wedding. He and his now-wife Parris have been together for 30 years and finally tied the knot at home. Their wedding rings are gorgeous!
- Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter are set to star in Tim Burton’s upcoming vampire flick, Dark Shadows.
- Heroes and Heartbreakers bring us their vote for the Top Five Romantic Vampires.
- If you’re not sure what to read, John Anealio can help: he’s here to sing you the list of upcoming releases.
- Who wants a steampunk motorbike? Raise your hands.
- How about a steampunk microphone? We’re entirely jealous of the gal who draws the Girl Genius webcomic for getting her hands on this piece of art.
- And in true Animaniacs fashion, here’s a song (featured above as well) to teach you about inventions of the Victorian Age, brought to you by Horrible Histories.
- Check out these incredible Black Swan posters—they’re almost too pretty for the film (and that’s saying something).
- Spectrum is sponsoring a scholarship to the Illustration Master Class!
- For an incredible dose of visual art and inspiration daily, take a look at John Coulthart’s blog.
- There’s a blacksmith who has decided to make Mat’s Ashandarei. This individual is braver than us, by far.
- Fan Art Friday on Dragonmount has some illustrations up, for those who are curious.
- And we have a Rand al’Thor song!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com and tends to be a voice for semi-official business and general randomness from the staff.